Regional Surface Transportation Program
The 2015 Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Call for Projects process is now open!
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 the Fresno COG Policy Board voted to initiate the 2015-16 Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Call for Projects.
Project applications may now be submitted and will be accepted until noon on Friday, February 5, 2016 for the Regional Bid process.
The Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) was established by California State Statute utilizing Surface Transport may be used by States and localities for projects to preserve and improve the conditions and performance on any Federal-aid highway, bridge and tunnel projects on any public road, pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure, and transit capital and intercity passenger projects. The document below is the Final RSTP Call for Projects packet that includes the scoring criteria, timeline for the process, eligible activities and the project submittal application and information as adopted by the Fresno COG Policy Board on December 17, 2015.ation Program Funds that are identified in Section 133 of Title 23 of the United States Code. This program provides flexible funding that
The tentative schedule for the Call for Projects and related Federal Transportation Improvement
Programming and Air Quality Conformity Determination processes are as follows:
- 10/05/2015 & 11/02/2015 Programming Subcommittee convenes to review scoring criteria and call information
- 11/9/2015 Call for Projects Process noticed at TTC/PAC
- 12/07/2015 Call for Projects Workshop for Member Agencies
- 12/17/2015 COG Policy Board approves/initiates Call for Projects
- 02/05/2016 Regional Bid project submittals due
- April 2016 RSTP Scoring Committee convenes
- 04/29/2016 RSTP Lifeline project submittals due
- 05/26/2016 COG Policy Board approves selected projects and Council resolutions are due
- October 2016 FTIP to Caltrans
- December 2016 FTIP approved by FHWA
Contact and Submittal Information
For further information on eligible projects, submittal of applications or other questions related to the RSTP program, please contact Suzanne Martinez at (559) 233-4148 ext. 240.
Please submit Regional Bid applications by 12:00 pm on Friday, February 5, 2016 and Lifeline applications by 12:00 pm on Friday, April 29, 2016.
All correspondence should be mailed to:
Fresno Council of Governments
2035 Tulare Street, Suite 201 Fresno, CA 93721
Attention: Suzanne Martinez; RSTP Call for Projects
Please contact Suzanne Martinez at 559-233-4148 ext. 240 or SMartinez@fresnocog.org if you have any questions.