Fresno County Regional Long-Range Transit Plan
Coming Soon… Community Survey
The Fresno County Regional Long Range Transit Plan (LRTP) will guide transit and multimodal investments and services in the Fresno region through the year 2050. The plan builds on Fresno COG’s 2018 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and prior transit planning studies, and will inform the 2022 RTP. More importantly, the LRTP will integrate appropriate and effective public transportation planning and projects into the fabric of the region’s overall circulation networks and systems.
Community Outreach Workshops
Tuesday, January 30, 2018 from 5:30-7:30 pm at Fresno City College, Room OAB 126
The LRTP is being developed in line with state and federal transportation goals, guidance and funding programs. It will create the blueprint for a sustainable, safe, innovative, integrated, and efficient transit system to enhance the region’s economy and livability for all.
Specifically, the LRTP will:
- Integrate the efforts, projects, and future operations of the major transit providers serving Fresno County through the year 2050
- Identify a preferred long-range vision for Fresno County’s public transit system
- Provide guidance for future investments, projects and programs to enhance transit service
- Identify transit projects and alternatives that consider and improve sustainability, preservation, mobility, safety, innovation, economy, health and equity
- Integrate regional bicycle and pedestrian planning with public transit plans and projects
The plan development process is guided by a diverse Steering Committee. Substantial community engagement is being undertaken, including workshops and pop-up events in both urban and rural areas and a variety of surveys and stakeholder interviews Completion and approval of Final Long Range Transit Plan is expected in early February 2019.