The 2017 Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP) Call for Projects process is now open!
On Thursday, September 28, 2017 the Fresno COG Policy Board voted to initiate the 2017-18 Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG) Call for Projects.
Project applications may now be submitted and will be accepted until Thursday, November 16, 2017 for the Regional Bid process.
The Surface Transportation Block Grant Program was established by California State Statute utilizing Surface Transportation Program Funds that are identified in Section 133 of Title 23 of the United States Code. This program provides flexible funding that may be used by States and localities for projects to preserve and improve the conditions and performance on any Federal-aid highway, bridge and tunnel projects on any public road, pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure, and transit capital and intercity passenger projects. The document attached is the Final STBG Call for Projects packet that includes the scoring criteria, timeline for the process, eligible activities and the project submittal application and information as adopted by the Fresno COG Policy Board on September 28, 2017.
- 7/19/2017 Programming Subcommittee convenes to review scoring criteria and call information
- 9/8/2017 Call for Projects Process noticed at TTC/PAC
- 9/28/2017 COG Policy Board approves/initiates Call for Projects
- 10/05/2017 Call for Projects Workshop for Member Agencies
- 11/16/2017 Regional Bid project submittals due
- 1/9/2018 STBG Scoring Committee convenes
- 2/5/2018 Lifeline project submittals due
- 2/22/2018 COG Policy Board approves selected projects and Council resolutions are due
- October 2018 FTIP to Caltrans
- December 2018 FTIP approved by FHWA
Contact and Submittal Information
For further information on eligible projects, submittal of applications or other questions related to the STBG program, please contact Jennifer Soliz at (559) 233-4148 ext. 223 or JSoliz@fresnocog.org.
All correspondence should be mailed to
Fresno Council of Governments
2035 Tulare Street, Suite 201 Fresno, CA 93721
Attention: Jennifer Soliz; STBG Call for Projects
The STBG application packet is attached for your reference. This information is also available on the Fresno COG’s website at www.fresnocog.org under Programming/STBG.